Halloween was an anticipated holiday around our house for at least a month. I was at Old Navy at the end of September and Jackson saw this Batman outfit and the search for a costume was over before we even had a chance to look. He was so excited that we had to take a picture and show Dad from the store.
As soon as we got home he had to try it on and I thought we were never going to get it off of him after that.
He played in it for less than an hour and he had already broken his cape and stretched out his mask! Thanks to Nate's quick thinking he told Jackson we needed to put his costume in the "bat cave" until Halloween. That definitely bought us some time, but making a 3 year old wait a whole month to wear his costume seemed like forever... for the both of us! Finally the week of Halloween came and Jackson got to wear his costume a couple days early for his preschool class. He was so excited, if you can't tell by his smile!
Andersen could have cared less about Halloween, so I probably enjoyed my last year of him letting me choose what costume he wears. I think this is the cutest skunk I have ever seen!
Come Halloween (or the day before since it fell on a Sunday this year) we did our 2nd annual dinner at the Ware's home. After yummy soup, salad, and scones it was time for the kiddos to get dressed for trick or treating. It's amazing how the number of kids have doubled since last year!
Jackson loved trick or treating! He seemed to always be the first one to the door as all his friends trailed a few seconds behind him.
Andersen on the other hand was ready to quit before he even started! Thanks to the wind and the rain Andersen got dropped off with Dad after the first 3 homes.
After 2 hours of trick or treating these two boys were still going strong! Jackson's candy bucket was weighing him down and house lights were turning off so we decided to call it a night.
Last year I didn't get to see Jackson enjoy trick or treating so I am glad it was my turn this year. It was so much fun to watch him go house to house even though I was freezing.
One good thing about Halloween is that it isn't over just when trick or treating is over. The only way I think these boys were so willing to go inside was the fact they get to look through all their candy. This year Jackson got double the amount he got last year. I think Jackson is addicted because the first thing he wants to eat in the morning is candy. I get asked all day long if he can have a piece of his Halloween candy. I guess the more he eats the faster it is gone and the sooner this sugar high comes to an end. I am sure Halloween is just going to get more fun every year as the kids get older, but this year was super fun with our Batman and 'lil Stinker!






5 comments:
Too cute! Weston has also been asking for candy first thing every morning - haha. Your boys look so dang cute in their costumes! Looks like a great Halloween!
your boys are so cute! hope you don't mind me peeking over every now and again...totally agree about getting the sugar high over with. jake's candy was gone within a week-definitely the way to go!
He looks pretty happy with his loot at the table. I've hid my boys and they don't ask about it, thankfully. More for me! Crazy Andersen is walking what a cutie! I wish we lived closer and Jackson and Blake could play. Glad you got to fly, I think I would be scared. I guess now you know if you ever really want to sky dive, no thanks. Hope the funeral went well.
Hey Jam,
Your boys are to die for!!! So adorable! Gabe is gettign to be a chunk. He is walking all over the place and cannot be stopped. Ya, I am working for Dr. Anderson now... only part time at the South Jordan office but I LOVE it! He is great and has the best staff!!!
What an adorable skunk! Love it! I can't believe they lasted two hours! Looked like they had a fun Halloween!
Post a Comment