With the primary theme this year being "I know the scriptures are true" all the primary kids will be learning about the different scripture heroes. One of Jackson's first experiences with primary this year was his first activity. He was so excited because he got to dress up as his favorite super hero. I never get to see him in primary so I stayed to watch the activity with all the kids. They all started out by sitting on the floor with their friends and teachers to listen to Kenny tell a story about his favorite scripture heroes.
The first hero they learned about was Noah
and the second hero they learned about was Samuel the Lamanite.
After story time they met in their individual classes to enjoy donuts and juice and make their own super hero that looks just like them.
Jackson loves his class and his teachers!
And Jackson especially loves these 2 cute boys! It doesn't matter where we are at or what we are doing because as long as these 2 are there, you know they all will have fun.
I am so glad I stayed to watch this activity because I loved watching our awesome Primary Presidency teach these little children. These women are incredible and did an amazing job putting this activity together, plus they make for some cute super heroes as well!
Even though the only thing Jackson probably remembers about this activity now is that he got to wear his Hulk costume to church, I know by the end of the year he will definitely have a favorite scripture hero. With the spirit that was felt at this activity it will be impossible for these children not to at least remember one scripture super hero.

3 comments:
I seriously LOVE his Hulk costume, I have to laugh every time I see a picture of him in it, he is such a fun a kid!
What a cute idea! I'm in our Primary Presidency and I just may have to suggest a party like this!
Cute, cute, cute!! What a great idea I bet the kids had a blast.
Post a Comment