January 19th was Nate's 29th birthday. Unfortunately we both had to work all day, but later that night I had some things planned for Nate. We started by taking the kiddos to Nana's so we could go out as a couple. We went to dinner at Sweet Home Chicago Pizza followed by a little shopping at the District to pass by some time before our couples massage. After a hour of relaxation we met Nana, the boys and some of our neighbors back at our place for cake and ice cream to continue the birthday celebration. I am not much of a cake maker or eater so I made Nate a mini cake for his candles while the rest of the party guests got cup cakes.
There was a lot of heat coming off those candles!
So much heat that while I was lighting the candles the flame got fire to the sign on Nate's cake.
Hopefully Nate had a fun day for his birthday and that he enjoyed all of his birthday surprises. I know the boys were sure happy it was Daddy's birthday because they were loving the cup cakes. After all our friends had left I caught the two boys in the kitchen eating MORE cup cakes. I asked Jackson why he got another cup cake out without asking and he said because Brother wanted one. So in mom language that means, Jackson really wanted the cup cake but used Andersen as the excuse so he didn't get in trouble for eating one. He is a smart one that's for sure, but at least he was sharing with Andersen.

4 comments:
Hope he had a great birthday! Sounds like fun! Those candles on the cake were too funny!
All the candles on the cake makes him look so old :) Happy Birthday Nate!
Hi Nate and Jamie,
It was so fun to stumble across your blog! Nate, I just saw your mom today and she ordered some girl scout cookies! Did you see my blog, Twelve Makes a Dozen? Check it out! We are trying to update it once a day. Do you think I have that much excitement in my life?
Sandy Christensen
I didn't realize Mike and Nate's
B-days were so close and they are just 1 year apart. Fun activities. Blake and Zack loved that Mike had a Birthday just for the cupcakes and desserts too. Sounds like he had a great Birthday.
Post a Comment