Monday, February 28, 2011

St. George getaway..

A few weeks ago my friend Megan and her husband Mike invited us to go to St. George with them to see the Parade of Homes. I have always wanted to go, but never do, so it was a good excuse to go and to get away for a few days. We left Friday after Nate did some work and made it down in time to see a few houses before it got too late. We started with the biggest house! It was gorgeous, but too nice to even feel like a home.
After we looked through a couple homes we went to the Pizza Factory for dinner and back to the condo to relax. The next morning we got up, got ready, and off we went to look at more homes. It is always fun to look at all the new ideas and even get some new decorating ideas for the "one day" list. I think Megan's favorite part is trying out all the different bath tubs. She looks so little in these crazy exotic tubs.

 I can't even remember how many homes we walked through on Saturday, but it was quite a few and they all started to look the same to me. So to break up the Parade of Homes, Nate and I decided to head down to Vegas for dinner and some shopping since I had gotten a H&M gift card for Valentine's day. We rolled into to town around 5:00 Vegas time and went straight to Ceasar's Forum Shops. After a few hours of dissapointment at the selection H&M had, we decided to go to dinner. Luckily Vegas has one of my favorite restaurants, Buffalo Wild Wings, to make up for the shopping. We enjoyed a yummy dinner watching the dunk contest on the biggest tv screen I have seen in a long time. Since the closest BWW is on the opposite side of strip and we happened to be by another H&M, we decided to test our luck one more time and see if this other store had a better selection. I was a little happier after that trip but still not the excitement H&M usually provides. I think it was around 10:00 when we decided to make the drive back to St. George. The next morning we shared stores of our evenings with Mike and Megan since they stayed in St. George while we went to Vegas. They had a fun night of spontanity that ended with Mike in a Cash Cube winning some money! So sad we missed it because it sounded pretty entertaining. 
We had such a fun weekend with Mike and Megan, but it is always nice to be home and back with kids... even though I am sure they thoroughly enjoyed their weekend with Nana.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

How FUN! What a great little getaway!

Megan said...

It was fun! Thanks for joining us. We'll have to do it again someday, soon. I agree the homes started looking in the same and you couldn't remember wich one had what. Have a great day!

Alison said...

Sheesh, now you need to come catch me up on all my posts:) It was fun reading them all, glad you guys had a good time in St. George and sounds like we need to go to more ballgames so that you can keep the sports fever:)

Courtney Taylor said...

So funny to see Mike on your blog. I went to High School with him. He is such a character!