Friday, March 4, 2011

Meet Sister Michaelis

In 2002, almost  9 years ago, I met this cute girl the first few weeks I was down in Cedar City for my freshman year of College at SUU. She was serving as a Sister Missionary in our area. Long story short, and a few meetings and interviews later, I was on my way to get baptized during Christmas break. We instantly connected and I felt like she was a great friend! While I was home for the break, she got transferred up towards Provo and I didn't get to talk to her much after that. I was so sad she was gone! Over the years, she was so good to call every once in awhile to keep in touch. Thanks to Facebook and her twin sister living in Lehi, we got to finally reunite last week. I was anxious to see her again, but once we were together it felt just like old times minus the missionary badge. She is such an amazing person to me and I am grateful our lives crossed paths all those years ago.
Not only am I grateful for her friendship, but without her service and truly caring about me as a person and not just the baptism, I feel like I wouldn't have all these other wonderful blessings in my life. Here are just a few big ones and I am sure there are many more to come!
Nate and our Temple Marriage
Amazing in-laws
Jackson
Andersen
There are a lot more girls than this now, but I just love this picture and I love serving these young women!
Thank you Sister Michaelis for blessing my life forever!

3 comments:

Jenica said...

Jamie, I didn't realize you were a convert (shows what kind of friend I am :). What a great story and thanks for sharing!

Megan said...

That's so sweet! I am so glad you got to meet with her in person. You are awesome!

~Conradis~ said...

Oh thank you for this post, it reminds me to be grateful for the blessings we most take for granted. Especially this great gospel. I know that people come into our lives for a reason or two! We wouldn't be were we are in life without them!