Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mother's Day

 I'll be honest, I was hoping my kiddos would have been super, extra sweet to me on Mother's Day this year. With it being one day a year they HAVE to be good, I definitely got my hopes up. Man they were so naughty and grumpy to me all day long! Good think Tina and I celebrated the Saturday before with some pedicures, lunch and shopping. Although they were naughty on Sunday, the disappointment only lasted a short moment though because it seems like they always do something sweet to make up for the disobedience. These "flowers" Jackson gave me one day while we were outside playing with neighbors. Even though they are weeds to us adults, to Jackson he was so proud that he had something to give to me. I personally think they are the best flowers to get because they are free and because they were given with love!

Another thing that put a smile on my face was this cute paper the elder's quorum did for the primary classes while the Mom's got pie to celebrate Mother's Day. It reads:
My mom's name is Jamie
My mom is 19 years old (Love the innocence. Man I am old in Jackson's mind!)
My mom likes to clean (He must think what I do the most of is what I LOVE to do)
My mom has brown eyes (Good job!)
My mom weighs this much: 7 pounds! (That's right Jackson, and don't you forget it!)
My moms birthday is on May
My mom was born in Utah
My mom's favorite food is burritos (who knows where this one came from!)
My mom likes to help me clean my room
My mom is the best at driving (This will forever be proof to Nate!)
If anything this Mother's Day was a day of reflection on how grateful I am for these munchkins making me a Mommy even if they are naughty. Love you boys!

0 comments: