Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The "spike"

For weeks Jackson was telling everyone that he was going to cut his hair. He was so serious about cutting it off into a "spike". I have always wondered what he would look like with his hair cut off, but when he decided it was time I had to let the idea sink in. Good thing Hollie was booked out a few weeks because it gave me some time to adjust to Jackson's wishes. I totally needed the emotional preparation. After a few weeks of simmering the idea of Jackson having a spike and before I knew it we were at Hollie's for the big day. Here is the before picture!
 Next was spraying it down with water...
 and then the first cut! That is when he instantly panicked and the saddest look was on his face. Hollie had made one little snip and he changed his mind. I could tell he had changed his mind and I knew he didn't want to cut it anymore. After questioning what he wanted he admitted he didn't want it cut anymore and went for the regular trim.
 A few inches later and some thinning shears this was the haircut Jackson wanted. We can finally see his eyes again (at least for a few weeks) so I am happy if he is happy! Maybe we will get the "spike" another time.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love the updates. I like his new haircut, I love that he changed his mind too, that's so cute. He's always had it long but he's so handsome. I think I would need to mentally prepare for a huge change like a spike too. It was great seeing you last week, thanks for the invite. HOpefully we can get together again sooner than later.

Lindsay said...

So cute! At first I thought we were really going to see a major change! Phew! I have a hard time with change, I guess Jackson does too! Haha!