I am way behind on stuff that has happened prior to Memorial day but I wanted to write while it was fresh on my mind. I am not used to spending my Memorial Day weekend visiting grave sites, so this year was special for us. I haven't had to deal with death too much, and other than Nate's Grandpa dying almost 5 years ago, my Grandpa is the only other one. My parents were in town this past weekend for a few different reasons, but my Grandpa's grave I am sure was on the top of the list. After church on Sunday, we all drove up to the Mortuary.This was my first time since his funeral so it was definitely emotional. It seemed like a flood of memories came through my mind and I could only imagine what my Dad was feeling. My Dad has always had a special place in my life and I know he feels the same way about his Dad.
After an emotional embrace with my Dad we stood around the head stone chatting with my Grandma and my Aunt Linda and some of her family while my kids played with my cousin Cody. My Aunt Linda had twins die around 24 weeks twenty-something years ago and they are buried in the same place so we walked over with them until Andersen had had enough.
Days like that remind me to cherish these little moments we have with each other. Andersen definitely enjoyed his visit with Grandpa this past weekend and he even learned to say his name for the first time. I hope my boys will grow up loving their Grandpa as much as I love mine because I know he sure loves them!


0 comments:
Post a Comment