I am probably 2 months behind on summer updates, but this tops the list on favorite summer highlights so it is worthy of skipping ahead. 6 years ago Amanda was celebrating my big day with me and Nate and over the weekend it was our turn to celebrate hers!
Amanda and I have been friends since 10th grade. I didn't know her too well until we sat next to each other in Spanish class {Senior Lago? AKA Gummy Bear... remember him Mandy?} All these years later and all the different paths our lives have taken us we have managed to stay good friends even though we've been miles apart forever it seems like!
With Amanda living in Texas the past few years she chose to forgo the tradition wedding reception and focused on the Sealing and luncheon with close family and friends. We started the day down at the Salt Lake Temple for her 9am sealing.
Nate and I were glad we got to be apart of it all. I don't think I have ever seen a prettier bride walk through those Temple doors. Amanda looked BEAUTIFUL and her dress was amazing!
We stayed around the Temple grounds for a couple hours doing pictures until it was time for the luncheon.
The luncheon was at Heritage Gardens where more friends and family joined to celebrate. We spent a couple hours eating, laughing and enjoying the excitement of the newlyweds
And before you knew it the happy couple were on their way... that is once they made their way through the thick fog of bird seed being thrown at them.
I don't think I have ever seen Amanda this happy!! I absolutely love it and its icing on the cake that Tyler is just as great as she is.
These two are perfect for each other! I remember a specific phone call Amanda and I had months ago. We hadn't talked in a couple weeks so I was checking up to make sure everything was ok and just in her simple hello I could see the huge grin going from ear to ear telling me there was someone special in her life and she was in love! Watching her heart be broken time after time I was so happy for her that she had finally found someone that she deserves. Everything was history from there because it was obvious what the future would hold for the two of them.
Everything about Amanda's wedding was BEAUTIFUL including her! I am so grateful for Amanda's friendship. She has been such a great friend to have all these years. Who knows where our paths will continue to go as our families change and grow but I know our friendship will always be there no matter where we live! Love you Mandy!



4 comments:
Senor Lago...is he my old bishop? haha really he might be. He is from Spain and speaks really good spanish...and his last name is Lago. haha
She really is a beautiful bride. Congrats Amanda!!!
I'm so glad you posted these pictures, I didn't know she was getting married! Makes me so happy to see her so happy. What a beautiful bride!
She looks so pretty!!! Now you guys need to come to TX and visit!
Post a Comment