Friday, August 19, 2011

My {27th} Birthday!

This past Friday while at Girls Camp, I celebrated my birthday. When we were planning camp and deciding what days to do it, the only weekend that was logical and would work for everyone's schedules was the week over my birthday. I figured, why not? It will be a fun and different birthday experience, plus if I am not with my family the 2nd best people to celebrate with are all these fun YW girls and leaders. With all of us staying up late every night at camp, I started my birthday off right with a "Happy Birthday" song at midnight from all the girls and leaders. That morning I was swarmed with birthday accessories including the sash and tiara, and a cute book filled with sweet nothings from everyone. As the drama intensified I started questioning my willingness to celebrate my birthday at camp. It was quickly turning into the worst birthday EVER. I was at my peak of emotions when I got a surprise visit from Nate! I was shocked and I think I probably held on to him and cried for a good 5-10 minutes just SO happy he was there. Instantly everything was better and I was ready to party with our Bishopric for our Luau on the last night of camp. Later that night, thanks to Alli and Amanda {Camp Directors}, we had cake and ice cream in honor of my birthday. Despite all the drama from camp, it was a day that will definitely be remembered for years to come. Thanks to all {Tina & Paul for watching the boys over night so Nate could come and all the leaders for initiating the surprise and inviting him to come!} that made my birthday unforgettable this year.

0 comments: