Months before Nate's birthday we knew he would have to be gone at a work training in Vegas over his 30th birthday. So rather than let him spend his birthday alone with a bunch of co-workers, I snagged a flight and joined him so I could at least be with him on his actual birthday. We left Monday the 16th and came home on his actual birthday, January 19th. During those days we celebrated a little along the way. My brother in law, Mike, was in Vegas for a work convention as well so we met up Wednesday night for a super nice dinner at Gallagher's as his treat! I should have taken a picture of the steak Nate ordered... I think it was bigger than him!! Definitely the nicest dinner we've had in a long time, but the company was even better since we don't get to the the Sampson's very often.
Then on Nate's actual birthday, we flew home to a surprise night with friends and cheesecake. I had planned everything before we left and my mom carried it out so when we pulled in everyone was already there for the surprise. Bad idea though... all Nate wanted to do after being gone all week for work was come home and relax as a family. Oops!
Friday I had another surprise (that I let out of the bag the day before on accident!) for Nate and his birthday. I had invited all of his guy friends to come over and hangout. Nate doesn't do guy nights very often so I thought it would be a good idea for him to spend with his buddies since he had already been with me all week. They got to spend the night doing whatever guys do surrounded by a bunch of food and treats while the kids and I left the house.
Sunday was Nate's moms celebration time. She always makes a special treat for everyone's birthday. This year Nate requested the infamous Rothe "crack" cake. I can't remember what we had come up Sunday night so rather than go to his parents, they came to us because a dessert like this is too good to go to waste just because something came up!
I think Nate was all celebrated out after a week long, but the these little munchkins were loving every sweet minute of it! Maybe we all, meaning ME, went a little over board this year, but it was a big year for Nate this year and I wanted to make it memorable... May not be the memories I was hoping for, but at least it was memorable, right?
Happy 30th Daddy! We love you, even if you are getting old!
1 comments:
Wow, I'm impressed you sure did do a lot. How fun to celebrate so much. It's almost my Birthday month so I like to celebrate all month long.
Post a Comment