Last Tuesday I skipped out on our Young Women activity to join the family on a trip to the Brigham City Openhouse. We didn't have a reservation, but we figured they wouldn't turn us away so we'd take our chances and just show up.
Jackson was so excited to go to the Temple that he asked questions all day. When are we leaving? How long does it take to get there? Where is it at? Is it beautiful inside? He even wanted to wear his white shirt because he knows you wear white in the temple. So cute! He looked like a little missionary getting all dressed. I definitely had a mommy moment realizing that day will be here before I know it. He was able to go through the Draper and Oquirrh Mountain Temples when
they were just built but couldn't remember a whole lot about our visits.
Nate had work so me and the boys met Nate and Nana off the freeway so we could leave as soon as possible. We made up to the Temple around 6:30 only to start the long line waiting process. We parked in the bus parking lot, waited 5 buses until it was our time to get on the bus. A few minutes later we were at the Temple and waiting in another long line for our turn to watch the 12 minute introduction movie and make our way to the entrance. I loved watching the boys get their white booties to cover their shoes and then to enter in as family is always a sweet feeling. This Temple is definitely smaller than the ones we are used to but it of course is just as beautiful as the rest.
After we made it through the whole Temple we walked around the Temple grounds to get some pictures. Andersen's reaction was by far the best. Before we walked through the Temple it was light outside and by the time we finished the sun had set and the Temple was all lit up. We walked up the stairs to ground level from the underground parking garage only to hear and see Andersen gasping at the beautiful sight.
We finished the long night with a late dinner at McDonalds and finally made it back home at 11:30. I really didn't think we'd be gone that long, but I am so glad we made the drive and took the time to let the boys walk through the Temple. Jackson said his favorite part was seeing the "Sealing Room" while Andersen said his favorite was "riding the buses". Got to love the innocence of little children. I am sure the boys will have a few more chances to walk through Temples before they are 12 but if not I hope these visits as they are younger are strong enough memories for them to keep their desire to go through for their own covenants as they get older.
I love the Temple no matter the reason of the visit because its always a good reminder that families can be together forever. I love you boys (and little sister!) and I am glad we will be together forever!

0 comments:
Post a Comment