Monday, April 15, 2013

i {heart} these 3

Some days I look in the back of my car and I can't believe I am a mother of three kids. Seems like I am still a kid myself. I often ask myself where did the time go? Sometimes as a mother I feel like its the blind leading the blind, but then other times I wish I could tuck them away and shelter them from this world we live in. Both ways of thinking are wrong though. I think of all the things I have learned and experienced throughout my 28 1/2 years. A lot is happy and a lot is trials accompanied with many errors. But through it all comes knowledge for good. I feel so inadequate at times and guilty of not doing enough, but at the end of the day I am grateful for these sweethearts. They love unconditionally... ALWAYS! Nate and I would be nothing without our children. They teach us more than we could have learned and experienced on our own. Thank the heavens for trusting us to teach and protect them through this mortal experience. With today's terrorist attacks during the Boston Marathon, my heart aches for those that feel so alone or unloved that they need to cause harm to innocent people around them. The few careless hands and minds that are responsible for all this effected so many lives in a matter of seconds. I just hope my children will always continue to love and feel loved by those around them. One day when you kiddos read through our family books, I hope you are never doubting you were and are LOVED SO MUCH!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Well put! I was just telling my husband..."so many bad things are happening right now"! I just read so many sad stories on Yahoo news when I turned on my computer, it makes my heart ache too. I hope we can all love our kids enough to teach them and help them stay on paths of righteousness - seriously, is there anything more we could want? It seems like that's always in my prayers. Such a scary world we live in. But Maelyn sure looks adorable in your old dress! How fun!

Megan said...

I agree with everything. They are so sweet, innocent, and perfect. Lots of great posts. I too am amazed how fast the time has gone and crazy that we will have kids in 1st grade soon enough it will be highschool. I think Maelyn may just me a mini you. Cute kids. Love you!